Synthetic VS Human Hair Wigs, How To Distinguish And Which To Choose
Wigs have tremendously grown popular over the last few years. Many ladies are now opting to wear wigs rather than their natural hair. Some women wear wigs to enhance their looks; some wear wigs because of the convenience that they offer, while other women wear wigs to conceal their hair loss. Whichever your reason for wearing a wig, you have to ensure that you choose a wig that suits your personal taste and style.
Fortunately, wigs come in various materials, styles, colors, lengths, and densities to choose from. When it comes to wigs, there are two categories: human hair wigs and synthetic wigs. If you are new to wigs, you may not differentiate between these two types of wigs. In this article, we discuss these two types of wigs in detail, as well as how to choose the right one for you two. We discuss:
-What is a human hair wig?
-What is a synthetic wig?
-What are the differences between human hair wigs and synthetic wigs?
-How to choose the right one
Let's get started!
What is a human hair wig?
Human hair wigs are types of wigs that are made of natural hair. These wigs have the same features as real hair. That means they can be bleached, dyed, or permed without them getting damaged. What's more, you can use the same hair products used on natural hair on them too.
Human hair wigs also offer a more natural look compared to synthetic wigs, and they are more durable. However, they tend to be more expensive than synthetic wigs.
The pros of human hair wigs
1. They offer a more natural look
Since these wigs are made of 100% virgin human hair, they tend to feel and look more natural. So if you are looking for a wig that will offer you a more natural look, you should pick a human hair lace frontal wig.
2. Style versatility
These wigs also offer style versatility because they can b dyed, permed, and styled just like natural hair. If you want to change the style, you can take the wig to an experienced hairstylist.
Human hair wigs are more durable. If taken good care of, they can last more than a year even when worn every day.
The cons of human hair wigs
1. Cost: they tend to cost more because they are harvested from human hair.
2. Require high maintenance: since they are just like real hair, human hair wigs need to be washed, deep-conditioned, and re-styled regularly. Of course, this requires time and energy.
3. Weight: human hair wigs are heavier than synthetic wigs of a similar style and length.
4. Styling: human hair wigs are generally more labor-intensive and require more effort, time, and skill to style. So, if you lack these, you may not be able to style the wig appropriately.
5. Color fading: human hair wigs' color will oxidize or fade if exposed to too much sunlight over time.
What is a synthetic wig?
A synthetic wig is a type of wig that is made of plastic fibers. The quality and performance of these fibers greatly vary depending on manufacturers and wig styles. Higher-quality synthetic fiber tends to hold its shape, sheen, and color for a very long time over low-quality fiber.
Synthetic wigs are more affordable compared to human hair wigs, and they require little maintenance. If taken good care of, they can also last longer if properly maintained. However, synthetic wigs can be quite difficult to style compared to human hair wigs. In addition, if you don't comb it more often, it can easily tangle.
The pros of synthetic wig
1. Easy to care for: one of the best benefits of synthetic wigs is that they are easy to care for. These wigs don't require to be styled. You only need to wash, dry, and shake them out, and they will be back to their initial style.
2. Versatility: these wigs come in various styles and colors to choose from, so you can try them out.
3. Cost: synthetic wigs are way more affordable compared to human hair wigs. So if you are looking for cheap wigs, synthetic wigs got you covered.
4. Low maintenance: these wigs require very little maintenance than human hair wigs.
1. Durability: they are not as durable as human hair wigs.
2. Shine: these wigs may have an unnatural shine.
3. Less versatility: synthetic wigs cannot be curled or straightened with hot styling tools unless the wig is a heat-friendly synthetic wig.
Differences between human hair and synthetic wigs
Human hair headband wigs generally look and feel more natural than synthetic wigs. In addition, they are softer, and they can be dyed, styled, and curled. This isn't the case with synthetic wigs.
Human hair wigs are more durable than synthetic wigs. That's because they are made of human hair, unlike synthetic wigs that are made of fibers. Human hair wigs can also withstand heat and several items of washing without wearing out.
Human hair wigs are generally more expensive than synthetic wigs. That's because these wigs are made by extracting real hair from various donors. They are also quite difficult to make. However, the price of a human hair wig is worth it because it will give you a higher value for money.
Since human hair wigs are just like your own hair, it means that they require proper maintenance, from washing to deep conditioning to styling. But this isn't the case with synthetic wigs.
How to choose between human hair and synthetic wigs
Choosing between these two types of wigs can be quite challenging. However, for you to pick the right one for you, you need to consider certain factors. These factors include
5. Your availability: if you are available and can commit time to maintain the wig, you can go for a human hair wig, but if you have a tight schedule and lack time to spend on maintaining a wig, you can go for a synthetic wig.
6. Your lifestyle: the kind of work you do and how often you will be wearing the wig can also determine the time of the wig you choose.
7. Your budget: your budget will also determine the type of wig you will choose. If you are on a limited budget, you can opt for a synthetic wig. But if your budget allows it, you can pick a human hair wig.